Friday 10 January 2014

In Which I Keep My Resolutions

Hey all, just a quick update here on what I'm up to as far as this blog goes. First things first, I kept one of my resolutions and bought  Assassin's Creed IV with the intention of posting a review sometime in the next week and a bit. Initial impressions are that it's a lot more fun than AC III (not that such a thing would be difficult. I've known burn ward patients who were having more fun than I did playing that awful, awful game. Seriously, fuck that game.).

I'm also launching into my resolution to paint more models by aiming to have a 10-man Kill Team done for a tournament at my local Games Workshop on the 25th. Playing for prize vouchers has given me the incentive I needed to haul my bloated carcass to the painting station and whip something up.


 I will look exactly like this at the tournament.




 I recently bought a squad of Legion of the Damned so I'll be building my Kill Team around the notion of a battle-damaged, blood-spattered squad of Black Templars on Armageddon, about to overwhelmed and destroyed but for the divine intervention of the Damned Legionnaires. I'll be doing some light sculpting to add flames to the Legionnaires to enhance their ghostly appearance. Hopefully I can finish a Dark Angels Deathwing squad in the next fortnight too.

In addition to all that noise, I'm working on some more content for this blog as I've decided to actually make a fair go of this thing instead of just lazily adding something whenever I get bored. I'll be writing up something about my first game of Warhammer Fantasy Battle next week; not a battle report but just my initial impressions on WHFB. I'll also be aiming to do a review on XCOM: Enemy Within about a week and a half after my Assassin's Creed IV review.

Anyway, keep your eyes peeled for future content, cock-noses!

No comments:

Post a Comment